These pumpkin cookies are perfect for breakfast or a snack and take under an hour to make and bake. I suggest making a double batch and storing some in the freezer.
You will need:
1.25 cups of oats (quick or rolled)
1.5 teaspoons ground flax seeds
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
.25 teaspoon sea salt
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
.5 cup pumpkin seeds
.5 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pitted dates (chopped)
1 Egg (you can substitute a chia egg)
.75 cup pureed pumpkin
.25 cup honey
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
1 carrot (grated)
Optional Additions – choc chips, walnuts
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Combine oats, flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, baking powder, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped dates together in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Whisk egg in a separate mixing bowl. Add pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and grated carrot. Mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well until a dough-like consistency forms.
- Form cookies with the dough and place on baking sheet. (Tip: use a lid from a large-mouthed mason jar as a mold)
Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes depending on how crispy you like your cookies. Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Then enjoy!